Little Thought-of Reasons to Complete an Estate Plan
So maybe the prospect of protecting your family, preserving your assets, and saving taxes doesn’t motivate you to get your estate planning done. If so, here are some less-mentioned benefits of completing a plan with an estate planning attorney:
- You’ll outdo the Joneses – most likely, you are better prepared than your colleagues, neighbors and friends.
- You will have good reason to have a home safe or safe deposit box – for storage of your will. It’s also good for the cash you are keeping under the mattress.
- You will have a handsome estate planning binder that makes a great coffee table book.
- You will feel important as so many trees died for you.
- You get to say, “well, my lawyer…..”